Kintsugi, originated over 600 years ago, is a traditional art of repairing broken ceramic with lacquer and gold powder. Reimagining ceramic art, this traditional technique has given new life to cracked potteries.
The art of kintsugi is also about the life stories embedded in broken ceramics. As a broken pottery metamorphoses into shining gold, it is as if our life lessons; we fall, we learn and we reflect. Likewise, mastering kintsugi comes down to our effort and time in bettering our craft. We have received a lot of enquiries upon advanced kintsugi workshops. So, we our proud to announce our Kintsugi Ceramic Repair Regular Workshop, where Sharon Wong will guide students to explore kintsugi skills in-depth by learning how to repair different types of utensils.
**This regular class is only for students who have taken kintsugi workshop before.**
Fee：$2,100 (4 Classes + Material Cost)
Date & Time : (Every Monday) 3:30PM - 6PM (new time slot) / 7:15PM - 9:45PM
(Every Thursday) 7:15PM - 9:45PM
(Every Saturday) 10:30AM - 1:00PM / 2:00PM - 4:30PM
Venue：Touch Ceramics, 203, 2/F, Barrack Block, No.10 Hollywood Road, Tai Kwun, Central, Hong Kong
Language: English and Cantonese
Our Saturday morning class is FULL at the moment, please register for our waiting list below, thank you.
【Our tutor - Sharon Wong】
Sharon Wong will take you through this regular workshop. In the past few years, Sharon has been doing kintsugi work for the clients of Touch Ceramics. Having travelled to Japan and Taiwan to learn the special techniques from different masters, Sharon is very passionate about kintsugi. This regular kintsugi workshop therefore will let you transform a traditional technique into a modern art form. Don't hesitate and sign up!
Kintsugi Regular Class
1) If enrolled student cannot attend the class, we require a notice 3 days prior to the scheduled class so as to reschedule the make-up class for free. Otherwise, absence will be taken and no make-up class will be provided (except for the situations listed on points 2 and 3).
2) If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is/are still hoisted two hours before class, the class will be cancelled and postponed to the next week.
3) Students who cannot join the class due to sickness are required to provide a valid medical proof in order to reschedule the class, for students who cannot provide a valid medical proof, then the class cannot be rescheduled.
4) 4 Classes are required to be finished within 6 weeks.
5) Current students are required to pay the fee for the next cycle on the fourth class of the current cycle.
6) We will keep the students' works for a month starting from the date of his/her last lesson. We are entitled to freely arrange or dispose the unpicked works after the period.
7) All paid fees are non-refundable in any circumstances.